"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Another Day by David Levithan

Another Day (Every Day, #2)
This review is spoiler free!!

My rating: 4/5 stars

This book was great, but nowhere near as awesome as Every Day. This is a companion novel instead of the sequel I've been desperately hoping for - seriously, there is so much more that could be done with A's story and to get a companion instead of a sequel is just plain disappointing.

If you read this immediately after Every Day, I would think it would be a bit repetitive. But it's been just enough time for me since I read it (it's been about a year) that I forgot some of the details, so this didn't feel boring to me. 

I didn't really like Rhiannon in Every Day and this book didn't make me like her any more.  She's just not independent enough for me. So I had a hard time understanding why someone as awesome as A would fall for her.

Bottom line: it's not really necessary to read both books and if you only read one, it should be Every Day.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't really read Every Day but I plan to do so. It's on my tbr list (still need to buy the book though). I'll definitely keep your thoughts in mind if ever I decided to read this as well :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete