"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat

This review is spoiler free!!

My rating: 3/5 stars

The worst thing about this book is Ivy's friends. I am so tired of YA heroines that are "friends" with the popular mean girls but who secretly hate them. It just makes me hate the MC. I have never had a friend that I hated - seriously, what's the point? Is this something that actually happens?

Ivy spends most of the book terrified that her "friends" will find out that her family is *gasp* poor. Oh the horror! She does grow throughout the book to realize that living in Lakeside isn't all that awful and that there are worse things than not being rich. 

Besides the awful friendships, this book was mostly enjoyable. Nothing really remarkable, but a solidly enjoyable YA contemporary. There's a bit of a love triangle, but it's not too drawn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment