"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Friday, September 19, 2014

Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin

This review is spoiler free!!

My rating: 5/5 stars

This was awesome! Sarah was an awesome heroine and part of me wishes this was a series so I could read more about her! (but standalones are so rare that I'm happy when I see one!)

In the beginning the premise reminded me a lot of Slated - a young female criminal is stripped of her memories in order to reform her. But this book went in a very different (and better) direction than Slated. Sarah has had her memories stripped and is still at the experimental hospital. And then soldiers come, shooting people. They're looking for someone - her! (obviously)

This book is action-packed! And it's very well-written action, which is pretty rare. There's also lots of twists, which were fun to try to figure out. And there was just enough romance - it wasn't the focus, but it was a nice complement to the story. And this sweet line: 

"Listen, I know all about you," he says. "You just meet me." "Maybe, but I still know something special when I see it."

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked this. I've been looking forward to reading this ever since I saw this. The quote makes me think that the romance is a bit insta-love but I'm still excited for this! I love action-packed stories!! Nice review! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good!! I wouldn't quite call it insta-love... it's not like their eyes meet and - bam! - love. It's more like action movie love - they go through so much together in a short amount of time.

      Delete