"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Liebster Award!!

Thanks to Benni at Benni's Book Biters, I have been nominated for a Liebster Award, a fun way to discover new blogs and connect with other bloggers.



Rules
The Liebster rules are thus:
  • Link and thank those who nominated you.
  • Answer the 11 questions posed to you.
  • Nominate 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers and ask them 11 questions. (I'm only nominating 7 because I didn't want to re-nominate people)
  • Inform them of nomination by commenting on one of their posts.


Questions Answered

Here are my answers to the 11 questions asked.

1. If you had to live in a book universe, which book’s universe would it be?

I read lots of dystopian and post-apocalyptic, so I definitely would not want to live in my favorite books!!
I would love to live in Wide Awake by David Levithan. It's a future America that's gotten through all the tough stuff that usually turns a society into a dystopian, but instead, this society has gotten better. Gay people are totally accepted (one's just been elected President!), people shop at malls and then donate all the money to charities. Totally a world I would want to live in!

2. Which two book characters would you choose to fight over your heart?

Warner from Shatter Me and Augustus from TFIOS. 
Warner is my ultimate book boyfriend. I mean, how can you not be in love with him?? There's this:
"I want want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend. The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body. I want to know where to touch you. I want to know how to touch you. I want to convince you to design a smile just for me. Yes, I do want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend in the entire world."




Warner. Swoon.
And Gus. Well, Gus is just so damn sweet. And pretentious, which I kinda find adorable.

Of course, Warner would probably kill Gus and that would be sad. But that's part of the danger of falling in love with a murderer. 

3. Which book character would you choose as your best friend?

Kenji from Shatter Me!! 
He's hilarious, supportive, and honest. He never hesitates to tell Juliette the truth, even when she doesn't want to hear it.


4. What would you choose as your one superpower?

My favorite TV show of all time is Stargate SG-1. If you've never watched it, you should. Like immediately. It's awesome. In one episode, the team get these bracelets that give them super-speed and super-strength. The whole team is excited because with this extra power they'll be able to defeat the Goa'uld (the bad aliens). And Dr. Daniel Jackson is just so incredibly excited because this means he can read really fast.



So yeah, that's what I would choose. Dr. Jackson can read super fast and Major Carter is able to write a physics book in a couple hours. Who wouldn't want that superpower??

5. Is there an upcoming title/ARC that you want to read so badly you’d gladly embarrass yourself to get a copy now? What book, and how would you be willing to embarrass yourself?

There's several books I'm dying to come out. Like Dead of WinterThe Retribution of Mara DyerWinterThe Ruby Circle, and whatever the next Immortals After Dark book will be.

But embarrass myself to get it? Um... I think I can just wait patiently! lol

6. Would you name your children after your favorite book characters? If so, please divulge—at least one name for a girl, and one for a boy.

I don't think so. I don't want a name that too pop culture. Although I might do something a little less mainstream, like Eowyn (from LOTR). 

7. If you were forced to burn a book, which book would it be?


Burning a book?? I don't know if I could!! 

8. What book character would you bring back from the dead?

Spoiler if you haven't read Allegiant!!!!
...
......
.........
............

Tris. I was sad for weeks after reading her death. My favorite books are my favorites because I can totally connect with the main character. And I totally connected with Tris. And then she dies. :(

9. What are your book faction allegiances? (E.g., Gryffindor, House Stark, Dauntless)


I know they were the enemy in the Divergent series, but I'd totally be Erudite. Getting to learn things all day?!?! Sign me up!!!

10. What book do you wish you wrote?

Well I don't write fiction. I am, however, finishing up my PhD in Political Science. I can only hope to write something as influential as The American Voter or Who Governs.

11. What has been your all-time most viewed blog post?

My very spoilery review/recap of Insurgent



My Nominees

  1. Lauren @ A Blonde Librarian
  2. Naban @ The Literary Oracle
  3. Lina @ bibliophilic geek
  4. czai @ The Blacksheep Project
  5. Jessica @ The Psychotic Nerd
  6. Ashley @ Books To The Tea
  7. Britnee @ Brittnee Bryan


My Eleven Questions

Finally, here are my 11 questions for my 11 nominees:
  1. What three books would you bring to a deserted island with you?

  2. What's your favorite genre?
  3. What’s your least favorite genre?

  4. Do you judge a book by its cover?

  5. What is your favorite time of day to read?

  6. Have you ever visited a book con or a book signing?

  7. Do you ever write in a book?

  8. Paperback or hardback or e-book?

  9. Buy books or library?
  10. Do you have a favorite villain?
  11. Who is your favorite book character and why?

Please comment below and link to your answers when you’re done! Would love to see them.


9 comments:

  1. Great answers! I recon anyone would want the power to read fast. And true! I can't imagine burning a book - even if it's a book I hated a lot. ;-; I've only read one Levithan book and didn't like it. I had no idea Wide Awake was about that. I am now intrigued.

    Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think about how quickly you could burn through your to-read list if you had the power to read super fast!

      I've read most of Levithan's book and I've loved them all so far. They're definitely different. Lots of people don't like them because they're too optimistic and not realistic enough, but I think that's exactly why I like them.

      Delete
  2. Loved your answers! And now that I've been made aware of it, I'd totally choose super-fast reading as a superpower, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Kenji as my bestfriend as well! I mean who wouldn't, right? I need a Kenji in my life~~
    cannot unsee Allegiant spoiler @__@ well that made me want to read Insurgent and Allegiant soon :3

    thanks for the nomination.. hopefully I'll get to answer these questions soon (and I actually have another nomination.. guess I'll answer 22 questions and post them together :D)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for nominating me you truly are the sweetest! Wide Awake sounds like such a great book! I cant believe I haven't heard of it before. I want to read it now for sure! I really enjoyed reading your answers =)
    http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!
      Wide Awake is really good! I like all of David Levithan's books - I wish he was more well-known!

      Delete