"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Everything Changes by Samantha Hale

This review is spoiler free!!!

My rating: 3/5 stars

This was a cute little coming-out/first love story. It wasn't very original - girl meets girl, starts to question her sexuality, starts dating girl, girlfriend wants her to come out, girl is afraid of what her friends will think. But despite its unoriginality, it was still cute and enjoyable.

My one issue with the book comes after when a boy kisses Raven at a party. Morgan gets upset and assumes that Raven was doing something to lead him on. It is not a girl's fault if a guy kisses her without consent. She was talking to him, which everyone in the book believes is her leading him on. Uh, I have friends that are men that I talk to for long periods of time and they don't try to kiss me. Talking is not flirting and is not an invitation for a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment