"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

After the End by Demitria Lunetta

This review is spoiler free!!

My rating: 3/5 stars

I liked this book, despite the plot holes and the half-hearted love triangle. First problem: There was almost no recap of the previous book, which made things a bit difficult for me to follow at first. Things came back to me eventually, but it would have been nice to have a little more of a recap of the first book.

The good: I love Amy! I love how much ass she can kick and I love how compassionate and rational she is. She doesn't get easily distracted by cute guys like most ya heroines. Although she does occasionally make some questionable choices (like walking into a compound that obviously treats women like property or running around alone while she knows a brutal man is after her.), but what ya heroine doesn't??

I won't go much into the plot holes at the end because spoilers! But towards the end a couple things happen that just don't really make sense and seem to happen only because it's plot convenient or more interesting. But this book was enjoyable enough that I mostly found myself ignoring these plot holes so I could keep enjoying it!

The end was also really rushed, which I've been seeing a lot lately. Everything shouldn't be able to be fixed in two pages. It's like authors get tired and just want to wrap it all up as fast as possible!


link to Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment