"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Maybe Someday

This review is spoiler free!!

Everyone else seems to have loved this book. I thought it was okay. The writing was exceptionally good - I really felt what the characters were feeling. 

But I just didn't care for the characters too much. Ridge just wasn't swoon-worthy. It was hard for me to fall in love with him, because he was so torn between Maggie and Sydney. I just couldn't get into him. And Sydney was okay but I couldn't really identify with her either, mostly because she's just so unlike me. It's just hard to get into a book when you don't like either main character. 

The writing was excellent though, so I think I'll give one of her other books a try soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment