"I spent my life folded between the pages of books." -Tahereh Mafi

Some of my reviews are normal non-spoilery reviews. But some of reviews contain lots and lots of spoilers to help you (and me!) remember what happened when the next book in the series finally comes out. Both review types are clearly marked.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

This review is spoiler free!!

Fantastic. Not quite as amazing as Vampire Academy, but I think that's really because Sydney's great, but she's not as awesome as Rose (who the hell could be??). The bonus is lots of Adrian, which is wonderful. 

My one big problem with the book? It's a small scene, but it still bugs the crap out of me. Sydney's getting fitted for her school uniform is so upset that she's given a size 4 instead of the 2 she usually wears. Really? Is this the type of crap that should be in a young adult novel? Teenage girls are already given enough pressure to fit into societal norms that we have to make them feel bad about being a size 4?? I was hoping it would be dealt with but there are only a few little lines from Adrian about how she needs to eat more.

No comments:

Post a Comment